The GrowBots(hydroponic automated gardens for home use) with new case covers and pressure equalization update have been thoroughly rain tested for the last 6 days. Did another physical inspection this morning after a many hard rains last night and early this morning and I am happy to report all is well.
As soon as things dry out we will start delivering GrowBots again.
Presently I have all the parts for all the Kauai GrowBot owners and all the solar panels for the remaining GrowBot owners on the US mainland.
Electronics and Software is all working very well we fixed the last known bug several weeks ago. The only thing we need to fix before we start delivering the Kauai GrowBots is a condensation issue.
For those people that know me well .. 🙂 You know I am not content with one method fixes aka I like backups .. and really I love backups on top of backups on top of backups.
So we are engineering multiple anti-condensation methods into the design and testing them.
You might ask .. why this glitch now? The answer is we have rarely had the machines so well sealed and also last so long. It’s actually a great problem to have and we are glad we noticed it before delivering. We do greatly appreciate your continued patience.
We have added many of the pages we had talked about in the last post! Still quite a few to go … but good solid progress.
GrowBot parts for Kauai residents have been delivered. I found one glitch in the feeding algorithm that we fixed and re-added in one of the final code pieces. That final piece is a kind of a ‘catchall’ program that will put the GrowBot to sleep if it gets to caught up in a task. That sleep program is .. well it’s just like our own need to sleep :-). The reason we had to re-add the sleep code was because it makes testing really tricky so we remove it when we are doing dev work.
It has been a while since we posted anything. Our focus has been on stabilizing the GrowBot hardware / software. Fortunately the overall design has remained very productive and easy to maintain.
We tested a new prototype starting in June that worked great. Very stable electronics and software. The only challenge with the design was the massive labor involved in building just one GrowBot Control Board – over a month.
We are working on a printed circuit board to make the new design affordable.